geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question regd Geronimo and LoginModules
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 00:06:19 GMT

On Nov 7, 2006, at 11:39 AM, sreepriya ramakrishnan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I understand that for Geronimo to identify login
> modules, the login modules must be jarred and put in
> the repository.
>
> I was wondering if there is some other way for
> Geronimo to look for those Login module classes in the
> ear file itself?

This is more of a user list question.

In geronimo 1.1 and later LoginModules can be in any j2ee artifact
such as ejb jar or war.  In geronimo 1.0 you cannot use a login
module in a war, you have to put it in a ejb jar or jar referenced
from an ejb jar manifest classpath.

Hope this helps
david jencks