geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Christoph Reich" <...@hs-furtwangen.de>
Subject Re: ClassCastException in org.openejb.client.CgLibProxy
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:17:31 GMT
Hi Willi,

your client looks good to me. Have you checked, that you are
using remote and remote-home interfaces in the EJB? If you
are using lokal interfaces I think you get a similar error
message

Cheers,
Chris

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:36:25 +0100, Willi Nüßer wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I know it must be something trivial (config ...) but I'm at a loss.
> Can't find anything related in the web, groups etc.
>
> The problem:
> running a very simple standalone HelloWorld client against
> a corresponding EJB app in Geronimo 1.1.1 gives
> the following error message:
>
> > java echo.client.SayHelloClient
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.openejb.client.CgLibProxy$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$28a286c9
>         at
> org.openejb.client.CgLibProxy$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$eaec4f0a.create(<generated>)
       at
de.fhdw.echo.client.SayHelloClient.getEJBReference(SayHelloClient.java:43)
    at echo.client.SayHelloClient.main(SayHelloClient.java:53) Exception in
thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException        at
echo.client.SayHelloClient.main(SayHelloClient.java:55)