geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Christoph Reich" <...@hs-furtwangen.de>
Subject ClassLoader Can't find Properties Files
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:57:40 GMT
Dear all,

I have a web application (war-file). It is working in tomcat 5.5.17. I have
set up Geronimo with tomcat -> working well. Did several tests. When I deploy
the war-file -> deploying works. Now my problem: When the web application is
started it needs the locale property file
org.apache.naming.LocalStrings.properties. This property file is included in
WEB-INF/lib/naming-common.jar. So it should be found. But the error message says:

> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.naming.LocalStrings, locale us

I am using the following deployment plan:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>webshop</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>myown</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>war</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
  <!--inverse-classloading/-->
  <!--suppress-default-environment/-->
  </sys:environment>
  <context-root>/webshop</context-root>
</web-app>

I have to inform you that I extracted the properties-file and added it to
WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/naming just to make sure this
properties-file is everywhere the class loader might look for.

Regards,
Chris