geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sreepriya ramakrishnan <sreepriya_ramakrish...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question regd Geronimo and LoginModules
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:21:33 GMT

Will it work if I create a new Java project and put
the login module classes in that package.
This package will then be added to ear file?

Please let me know.

--- Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
wrote:

> On 11/7/06, sreepriya ramakrishnan
> <sreepriya_ramakrishnan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi Aaron,,
> > What is an RA module?
>
> J2EE Connector, Resource Adapter, RAR file, whatever
> you call it.  :)
>
> Thanks,
>      Aaron
>
> > --- Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
> > wrote:

> > > there
> > >
> > > Ah, I didn't realize that.  There is a known
> issue
> > > in Geronimo 1.0
> > > that GBeans (which includes login modules) in a
> web
> > > app are not able
> > > to access classes in the WAR (WEB-INF/classes
> and
> > > WEB-INF/lib).  That
> > > was fixed in Geronimo 1.1.
> > >
> > > If you have an EJB or RA module in the EAR, you
> can
> > > add the login
> > > module classes to that instead.  Otherwise, I
> think
> > > you might have to
> > > work around it by either creating a dummy EJB or
> RA
> > > module or just
> > > putting the login classes in a JAR in the
> > > repository.  (Or try
> > > Geronimo 1.1.x)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >       Aaron

> <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>

> It
> > > may
> > > attempt

> > > web-inf/classes

org.apache.geronimo.common.GeronimoSecurityException:

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.JaasLoginModuleConfiguration.getLoginModule(JaasLoginModuleConfiguration.java:71)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.JaasSecuritySession.<init>(JaasSecuritySession.java:64)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.JaasLoginService.initializeClient(JaasLoginService.java:353)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.JaasLoginService.connectToRealm(JaasLoginService.java:169)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.JaasLoginService$$FastClassByCGLIB$$95b84fc9.invoke(<generated>)

net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.JaasLoginServiceMBean$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$5d8c7715.connectToRealm(<generated>)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.login(JaasLoginCoordinator.java:95)

> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native

=== message truncated ===