geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Path to log files
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:10:48 GMT

On Nov 1, 2006, at 9:47 AM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:

> Hello! I want to have all my geronimo logs in /var/log/geronimo, so
> I'd
> need to configure the path for the startup log (using geronimo 1.1).
> While I'd be able to modify the startup script, fo course, I'd
> prefer to
> have a simple configuration option - anything in 1.1.1 or planned for
> the future?

Peter,
I don't think it supports your precise requirement, but have you
tried setting GERONIMO_BASE? Something like 'export GERONIMO_BASE=/
var/geronimo' may be as close as you can currently get...

geronimo.sh is the script that controls the launching of geronimo. It
defaults a number of settings from GERONIMO_BASE. I assume you'd
basically need to move/copy your <geronimo-install-dir>/var to /var/
geronimo/

--kevan