geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying EAR because of DataSource
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:22:15 GMT
This sounds like a bug to me.  Which version of geronimo are you
using?  Are you only accessing the datasources from the web app with
the dependendencies in the geronimo-web.xml and not from any other
module in the ear?  Just to be clear, you get a deployment error not
a runtime error?

many thanks
david jencks

On Nov 29, 2006, at 5:29 AM, niteryder wrote:

> [...]
>   </module>
> </application>
>
> this was giving unable to resolve resource reference jdbc/TEST1
>
> then i changed geronimo-application.xml like below and it is deployed
>
> <application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/
> application-1.1"
> xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
> application-name="test-ear">
>   <sys:environment>
>     <sys:moduleId>
>       <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
>       <sys:artifactId>test-ear</sys:artifactId>
>       <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
>       <sys:type>car</sys:type>
>     </sys:moduleId>
>     <sys:dependencies>
>       <sys:dependency>
>         <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
>         <sys:artifactId>TEST1</sys:artifactId>
>         <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
>         <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
>       </sys:dependency>
>       <sys:dependency>
>         <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
>         <sys:artifactId>TEST2</sys:artifactId>
>         <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
>         <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
>       </sys:dependency>
>     </sys:dependencies>
>   </sys:environment>
>   <module>
>     <web>test-war.war</web>
>     <alt-dd>deployment/geronimo-web.xml</alt-dd>
>   </module>
> </application>
>

> But my question is how can i make these dependencies for only a
> project in
> ear. I mean only the web project have dependency to these
> datasources in ear
> and i've already put these dependency in geronimo-web.xml
> and if it gives this error that means it checks web.xml of war
> project so it
> might also check geronimo-web.xml
> because if i want only deploy war project (not in ear), it exactly
> does this
> right? it finds the dependencies from geronimo-web.xml so it
> successfully
> deploys war project.
>
> if this is the only way for ear should i remove the dependencies in
> geronimo-web.xml ?
>
> Thanks
>

> Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you be bit more specific on your situation? I might be able to
>> help you as the author of this sample application. :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lasantha Ranaweera
>> niteryder wrote:
>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>
>>> Have you succeeded on this issue? I have similar problem, I can
>>> deploy
>>> war
>>> individually and I can use the database pools that I created with
>>> Geronimo's
>>> with this deployed war. But when i want to add this war to an ear
>>> deploy
>>> it. I also take similar messages for my datasources.
>>>
>>> Thanks

the
a separate

me wonder