geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kolja Kleist" <k.kle...@mediatransfer.de>
Subject Logging and using geronimo-kernel in client
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:59:45 GMT
Hello,

I need to connect a client to an EJB(running within geronimo) from an
outside JVM.

Therefore I'm using the following libs in my client application:

cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar

geronimo-j2ee-1.1.1.jar

geronimo-kernel-1.1.1.jar

geronimo-security-1.1.1.jar

geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.4-rc4.jar

openejb-core-2.1.1.jar

And the following code to lookup the ejb:

    Hashtable env = new Hashtable();

env.put("java.naming.factory.initial","org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialConte
xtFactory");

    env.put("java.naming.provider.url","127.0.0.1:4201");

    env.put("java.naming.security.principal","system");

    env.put("java.naming.security.credentials","manager");

    try {

      AuthenticatorHome ah = AuthenticatorUtil.getHome(env);

      Authenticator authenticator = ah.create();

      boolean ok = authenticator.authenticate("XXX", "XXX");

      log.info("Authentication: " + ok);

    } catch (Exception e) {

      log.error("Error", e);

    }

Well everything works fine, but my logging (commons-logging and log4j) dies.

After debugging I found out, that the classes GeronimoLogging, GeronimoLog
and GeronimoLogFactory

will be loaded from the geronimo-kernel package. At this time the previous
logging configuration from my client seems to be ignored.

Is there a way to omit this behaviour?

BTW, is there another way to connect a client from an outside JVM?

Thanks for hints,

Kolja Kleist