From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:19 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo

On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Donahue, Bill wrote:

from a database pool in Geronimo v.1.1.1. Every time I access a POJO

Is there a more efficient way

need within Geronimo?

Are you actually experiencing performance problems or are you speculating based on a theory that datasource.getConnection() is creating a new oracle connection?  Have you profiled and shown that multi-thread contention in the geronimo pooling code is actually slowing down your application?  If so I'd be very interested in knowing where the bottleneck is.

thanks

david jencks

Bill