geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Bradley <ma...@tera.teralink.com>
Subject Re: Webapps exposed on distinct ports
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:59:11 GMT
Well, I thought that I might be able to take the example in wiki
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/exposing-web-applications-on-
distinct-ports.html) and whittle it down to what I need, but I can't
even deploy the example .ear( appPerPort.ear).  I get this error:

geronimo-1.1.1% java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy appPerPort.ear

     Error: Unable to distribute appPerPort.ear: Cannot deploy the
     requested application module because no deployer is able to handle
     it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment
     descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are
     trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that
     does not have EJB support installed.
     (moduleFile=/Users/mark/Programs/geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp/
geronimo-deployer4506.tmpdir/appPerPort.ear)

and here is the stack trace in the log:

Deployer operation failed: Cannot deploy the requested application
module because no deployer is able to handle it.  This can happen if
you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled a deployer
module, or if, for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB module on
a minimal Geronimo server that does not have EJB support installed.
(moduleFile=/Users/mark/Programs/geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp/geronimo-
deployer4504.tmpdir/appperport.ear)
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Cannot deploy the
requested application module because no deployer is able to handle
it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment
descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are
trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does
not have EJB support installed.  (moduleFile=/Users/mark/Programs/
geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp/geronimo-deployer4504.tmpdir/appperport.ear)
         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy
(Deployer.java:239)
         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy
(Deployer.java:124)
         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$
$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
(GBeanOperation.java:122)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
(GBeanInstance.java:852)
         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke
(BasicKernel.java:239)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDepl
oy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:106)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run
(DistributeCommand.java:60)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Mark