geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Joe O'Pecko" <opeck...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo 1.1.1 not respecting WAR MANIFEST.MF for GBean
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:47:13 GMT
Hi,

I have an existing GBean packaged in an external jar file within an
EAR file, running on a Geronimo 1.0 server that refuses to load in
Geronimo 1.1.1. The simplified structure of the EAR is as follows:

example.ear
    | - geronimo-application.xml (gbean defined herein)
    | - gbean.jar
    | - web-app.war
        | - META-INF
            | - MANIFEST.MF (Class-Path: gbean.jar)

This deploys in a 1.0 container and starts the GBean. However, in
1.1.1, I receive a DeploymentException caused by a
ClassNotFoundException. It appears to me that Geronimo 1.1.1 does not
respect the WAR Manifest CLASSPATH, WRT GBeans, in the same fashion as
1.0. Is this a regression in 1.1.1, or was this a "feature" of 1.0
that has since been corrected?

Joe