geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bilodeau <gbilod...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying EAR because of DataSource
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:47:28 GMT

Back from a Java-free weekend :)

You might be on to something with the EJB module dependency to the data
source.  I did forget to mention that my EJBs have a dependency on the data
source of the same name, declared in my ejb-jar.xml.  From reading some
documentation it seems that I need to declare this in an openejb-jar.xml
file.  I've tried various combinations but still to no avail.  Here's the
latest version:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.0"
	xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
	xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
	xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
	xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
	inverseClassloading="false" configId="promo-server">

	<ejb-deployment ejb-name="RemoteTask" deployment-id="RemoteTask"
		container-id="Default Stateless Container">
		<resource-link res-ref-name="jdbc/AuchanPromoDS"
			res-id="AuchanPromoDS" />
	</ejb-deployment>
	<ejb-deployment ejb-name="CloseStagesTask"
		deployment-id="CloseStagesTask"
		container-id="Default Stateless Container">
		<resource-link res-ref-name="jdbc/AuchanPromoDS"
			res-id="AuchanPromoDS" />
	</ejb-deployment>
	<ejb-deployment ejb-name="CreatePitpTask"
		deployment-id="CreatePitpTask"
		container-id="Default Stateless Container">
		<resource-link res-ref-name="jdbc/AuchanPromoDS"
			res-id="AuchanPromoDS" />
	</ejb-deployment>
	<ejb-deployment ejb-name="CreateNotificationsTask"
		deployment-id="CreateNotificationsTask"
		container-id="Default Stateless Container">
		<resource-link res-ref-name="jdbc/AuchanPromoDS"
			res-id="AuchanPromoDS" />
	</ejb-deployment>

</openejb-jar>

I now get the following message:

Deployment failed:
Currently a Geronimo deployment plan is required for an EJB module. Please
provide a plan as a deployer argument or packaged in the EJB JAR at
META-INF/openejb-jar.xml

I did package this file in my EAR, more precisely in the META-INF directory
of the EJB JAR itself located at the root of the EAR.  What's wrong with
this packaging?

Thanks again,
GB