geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bilodeau <gbilod...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying EAR because of DataSource
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:51:35 GMT

I agree it's a good sign that the data source is actually usable from the
sample application.  However from what I understand this application does
not have a strict dependency to a specific data source like our application
- it instead discovers them programmatically.

The problem I'm describing is actually happening during the deployment
phase: I open the "Deploy new" screen, select the application EAR, I even
uncheck the "Start after install" option and finally click on Deploy.  A few
instants later, Geronimo gives the following message:

Deployment failed: Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/AuchanPromoDS'
(Could  not find resource 'AuchanPromoDS'. Perhaps it has not yet been
configured, or your application does not have a dependency declared for that
resource module?)

AFAICT, the application wasn't started yet, so I presume it's more a
configuration issue than an application issue.  The problem is, everything
seems to be configured according to the Geronimo usage page :)

The applicationContext.xml file is a configuration file for the Spring
framework.  In our application, this file isn't loaded right on startup so I
doubt it's interfering with anything.

I didn't mention yet but the application runs fine on Glassfish and Tomcat,
so I suppose I'm not configuring Geronimo or access to it correctly.

I'll have a look at the simple-database-access-sample-application and let
you know if it's not too late - it's Friday after all :)

Thanks!
GB

Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:

> Ok.. Then we can suspect problem is in your application.  :-)
>
> I saw file called in "applicationConext.xml" one of your previous mails.
> What exactly that means?
>
> To link a DBPool with your web application you need to add reference in
> your geronimo-web.xml file too. Then it should be linked with web.xml.
> Have a look at
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/simple-database-access-sample-application.html
>
> Let us know your status too.
>
> Thanks,
> Lasantha Ranaweera
>

> Guillaume Bilodeau wrote:
>> I've tested the pool before deploying it and it worked fine.  I have now
>> downloaded, built and deployed the dbtester sample application with
>> correct
>> results: my AuchanPromoDS pool is there, and I can list its tables and
>> their
>> content with no error whatsoever.
>>
>> Everything looks fine, how come my application will not even deploy?  I'm
>> at
>> a loss here :S
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> GB
>>

>> Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
>>
>>> Since you have deployed DB pool using G console, have you tested it
>>> before deploying?
>>>
>>> Otherwise have a look at this sample application which help to find out
>>> your DB connection pools is working or not.
>>>
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/db-pool-testing-sample-application.html
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lasantha Ranaweera

 Is