geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bilodeau <gbilod...@yahoo.com>
Subject Error deploying EAR because of DataSource
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:04:26 GMT

Hi guys,

This is a different problem than the one I posted back in July, hopefully
this one will be easier to solve :)

I'm back with my EAR, containing an EJB module (JAR), a web application
(WAR) and their relevant dependencies in its root.  The EAR contains the
following application.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
	"-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN"
	"http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd">
<application>
  <display-name>promo-ear</display-name>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>promo-web-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/promo</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>promo-server-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar</ejb>
  </module>
</application>

The WAR contains a web.xml with a reference to a data source and the
following geronimo-web.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web"
	xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming">
	<environment>
		<moduleId>
			<artifactId>promo-war</artifactId>
		</moduleId>
		<dependencies>
			<dependency>
				<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
				<artifactId>PromoDS</artifactId>
			</dependency>
		</dependencies>
	</environment>

	<context-root>/promo</context-root>

	<naming:resource-ref>
		<naming:ref-name>jdbc/PromoDS</naming:ref-name>
		<naming:resource-link>PromoDS</naming:resource-link>
	</naming:resource-ref>
</web-app>

I have already configured my database pool with the same name, it's up and
running and correctly listed in the J2EE connectors.

When I try to deploy this EAR, I get the following error:

Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/PromoDS' (Could not find resource
'PromoDS'.  Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your application does
not have a dependency declared for that resource module?)
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve resource
reference 'jdbc/PromoDS' (Could not find resource 'PromoDS'.  Perhaps it has
not yet been configured, or your application does not have a dependency
declared for that resource module?)

Any idea what the problem here?

Thanks a lot!
GB