geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Bradley <ma...@tera.teralink.com>
Subject Re: Webapps exposed on distinct ports
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:15:24 GMT
Hi Hernan,

Excellent!  This helps me quite a bit... I am getting much further
along now.

I'll look forward to your next reply and to your wiki update.

Thank you!

-Mark

On Oct 19, 2006, at 4:10 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> [...]
>       <reference name="RealmGBean">
>           <name>TomcatJAASRealm</name>
>       </reference>
>   </gbean>
>
>   <gbean name="TomcatHost1"
> class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean">
>       <attribute
> name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
>       <attribute name="initParams">
>           name=localhost
>           appBase=
>           workDir=work
>       </attribute>
>   </gbean>
>
> </web-app>
>

> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Mark Bradley wrote:
>> I'm still stuck on this, and unfortunately I cannot deploy my
>> applications in production with Geronimo until I get this working.
>> Has anyone been able to deploy two different applications to two
>> different tomcat connectors in the same Geronimo instance?  As
>> shown below, the example on the wiki does not work!
>> Thanks,
>> -Mark
>>> Well, I thought that I might be able to take the example in wiki
>>> (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/exposing-web-applications-on-
>>> distinct-ports.html) and whittle it down to what I need, but I
>>> can't even deploy the example .ear( appPerPort.ear). I get this
>>> error:
>>>
>>> geronimo-1.1.1% java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy appPerPort.ear
>>>
>>>     Error: Unable to distribute appPerPort.ear: Cannot deploy the
>>>     requested application module because no deployer is able to
>>> handle
>>>     it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment
>>>     descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example,
>>> you are
>>>     trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that
>>>     does not have EJB support installed.
>>>
>>> (moduleFile=/Users/mark/Programs/geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp/
>>> geronimo-deployer4506.tmpdir/appPerPort.ear)
>>>

>>> and here is the stack trace in the log:
>>>

>>> Deployer operation failed: Cannot deploy the requested
>>> application module because no deployer is able to handle it. This
>>> can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor,
>>> disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying to
>>> deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not
>>> have EJB support installed. (moduleFile=/Users/mark/Programs/
>>> geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp/geronimo- deployer4504.tmpdir/
>>> appperport.ear) org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
>>> Cannot deploy the requested application module because no
>>> deployer is able to handle it. This can happen if you have
>>> omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled a deployer
>>> module, or if, for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB
>>> module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have EJB
>>> support installed. (moduleFile=/Users/mark/Programs/
>>> geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp/geronimo-deployer4504.tmpdir/
>>> appperport.ear) at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy
>>> (Deployer.java:239) at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy (Deployer.java:
>>> 124) at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB
>>> $ $734a235d.invoke(<generated>)
>>>
>>>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:
>>> 53)
>>>
>>> at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
>>> (FastMethodInvoker.java:38) at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
>>> (GBeanOperation.java:122) at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
>>> (GBeanInstance.java:852) at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke
>>> (BasicKernel.java:239) at