geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Donahue, Bill" <>
Subject RE: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:12:07 GMT
Excellent, I think this the sort of article I have been looking for.
I also found good Geronimo based info on

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattias Malmgren []
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 3:03 PM
Subject: RE: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo

In this example:
they describe how to get a connection to a database connection pool. In
this case the connection pool is a "Jakarta-Commons DBCP" pool, you are
instead using a geronimo connection pool, but I guess that the specific
part of getting access to a jndi-datasource is basically the same no
what type of conecction pool the appication is using.
Have a look at it and see if it helps you solve your problem.

// Mattias

At 19:59 2006-10-18, you wrote:
>After speaking with the developer of the DAO code I need to refine my
>query, sorry for the confusion.
>Our code doesn't currently access the Geronimo database pool that we
>created. So
>every time my web service is called I call the DAO code to get
>from the Database
>and it makes a new connection. The real question is how to get my Axis
>web service to connect to the database pool that I have created in
>Geronimo? Should I use
>JDBC or JNDI? I have been looking at implementing JNDI but it seems
>  Do I need to update my web.xml files as well as my Java
>What are the Java calls to get access to the Pool?

View raw message