geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Donahue, Bill" <bill.dona...@sensis.com>
Subject RE: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:12:07 GMT
Excellent, I think this the sort of article I have been looking for.
I also found good Geronimo based info on
http://www.chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.0/database-mapping.h
tml

Thanks
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattias Malmgren [mailto:mattias@freefarm.se]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 3:03 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: RE: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo

Hi

In this example:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.h
tml
they describe how to get a connection to a database connection pool. In
this case the connection pool is a "Jakarta-Commons DBCP" pool, you are
instead using a geronimo connection pool, but I guess that the specific
part of getting access to a jndi-datasource is basically the same no
matter
what type of conecction pool the appication is using.
Have a look at it and see if it helps you solve your problem.

// Mattias

At 19:59 2006-10-18, you wrote:
>After speaking with the developer of the DAO code I need to refine my
>query, sorry for the confusion.
>Our code doesn't currently access the Geronimo database pool that we
have
>created. So
>every time my web service is called I call the DAO code to get
information
>from the Database
>and it makes a new connection. The real question is how to get my Axis
>web service to connect to the database pool that I have created in
>Geronimo? Should I use
>JDBC or JNDI? I have been looking at implementing JNDI but it seems
like
>overkill.
>  Do I need to update my web.xml files as well as my Java
implementation?
>What are the Java calls to get access to the Pool?
>Thanks,
>Bill

If