geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Donahue, Bill" <bill.dona...@sensis.com>
Subject RE: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:59:34 GMT
After speaking with the developer of the DAO code I need to refine my
query, sorry for the confusion.

Our code doesn't currently access the Geronimo database pool that we
have created. So

every time my web service is called I call the DAO code to get
information from the Database

and it makes a new connection. The real question is how to get my Axis

web service to connect to the database pool that I have created in
Geronimo? Should I use

JDBC or JNDI? I have been looking at implementing JNDI but it seems like
overkill.

 Do I need to update my web.xml files as well as my Java implementation?

What are the Java calls to get access to the Pool?

Thanks,

Bill