geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Donahue, Bill" <>
Subject RE: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:59:34 GMT
After speaking with the developer of the DAO code I need to refine my
query, sorry for the confusion.

Our code doesn't currently access the Geronimo database pool that we
have created. So

every time my web service is called I call the DAO code to get
information from the Database

and it makes a new connection. The real question is how to get my Axis

web service to connect to the database pool that I have created in
Geronimo? Should I use

JDBC or JNDI? I have been looking at implementing JNDI but it seems like

 Do I need to update my web.xml files as well as my Java implementation?

What are the Java calls to get access to the Pool?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks []
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: Getting a DAO from Hibernate using Geronimo

On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Donahue, Bill wrote:

from a database pool in Geronimo v.1.1.1. Every time I access a POJO

Is there a more efficient way

need within Geronimo?

Are you actually experiencing performance problems or are you
speculating based on a theory that datasource.getConnection() is
creating a new oracle connection?  Have you profiled and shown that
multi-thread contention in the geronimo pooling code is actually slowing
down your application?  If so I'd be very interested in knowing where
the bottleneck is.

david jencks

View raw message