geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lasantha Ranaweera <lasan...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: JAX-RPC Web Service - help needed
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:14:52 GMT
Hi Ray,

Please read my in line comments.

Thanks,
Lasantha Ranaweera
Clough, Ray C PWR wrote:
> Lasantha,
>
> Here's the first item of Feedback:
>
> 1) your implementation class 'CalculatorServiceServlet' does not
> implement the 'CalculatorService' interface.

It is need not to implement service end point interface by actual
implementation class.
> 2) I haven't tested it yet, but the wscompile 'config' file can take
> another attribute 'servantName'.  This may take
> care of your annotation "I am wondering why ...."

Ok I will have look at that.
> I'm going to test both of these.
> Also, this is not really a generic deployment, as it includes so many
> jar files from the Geronimo repository.  My goal is to create a WAR
> which I can deploy on any server by supplying the correct 'xxxx-web.xml'
> file.  (Of course, this is for a WS which is so simple it doesn't
> include datasources, etc).  What are the real dependencies.  Presumably
> by including dependencies from the Sun j2ee/lib I can get rid of these.
> Do you have anything which will tell me what each of these jar files
> includes?  If not, I'll start gradually trying to replace them one by
> one, which will probably mean a lot of trial and error.  I know Geronimo
> uses the Axis stack to deploy the WS, but why do you include some axis
> jar files in the built war?

I don't understand exact meaning here. This application will copy some
of the jar files in to a lib folder since those files has to be included
in your classpath (I have to add this comment to the document as soon as
confluence is working correctly). Those files has been included in your
application class path.
> By the way, my own app, with the added dependencies, still gives the
> same errors.

If it is Geronimo related files u can share it with us. So we might able
to help u.