geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webapps exposed on distinct ports
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:10:38 GMT
Hi Mark,
I still haven't fixed the sample on the wiki and the workaround I found is not the definitive
way to do it but may help you momentarily.

This is a geronimo-web.xml I just successfully tested in Geronimo v1.1.1 with a single web
application, I tried the HelloWorld sample.

This plan defines a new virtual host, web container and a single web connector on port 8081.
Since the virtual host is "mapped" to the same host name as the default host you are not seeing
any particular benefit from the virtual host itself. This is not the prettiest way to configure
it but it work for now ;-)

I'll look for the right way to do it and then will update the sample on the wiki.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
   <environment>
       <moduleId>
           <groupId>samples.applications</groupId>
           <artifactId>HelloWorldApp</artifactId>
           <version>1.1</version>
       </moduleId>
   </environment>

   <context-root>/hello1</context-root>

       <web-container>
                <gbean-link>TomcatWebContainer1</gbean-link>
       </web-container>

       <gbean name="TomcatWebConnector1" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.ConnectorGBean">
               <attribute name="name">HTTP</attribute>
               <attribute name="host">localhost</attribute>
               <attribute name="port">8081</attribute>
               <attribute name="maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes">8192</attribute>
               <attribute name="maxThreads">150</attribute>
               <attribute name="minSpareThreads">25</attribute>
               <attribute name="maxSpareThreads">75</attribute>
               <attribute name="hostLookupEnabled">false</attribute>
               <attribute name="redirectPort">8453</attribute>
               <attribute name="acceptQueueSize">100</attribute>
               <attribute name="connectionTimeoutMillis">20000</attribute>
               <attribute name="uploadTimeoutEnabled">false</attribute>
               <reference name="TomcatContainer">
                       <name>TomcatWebContainer1</name>
               </reference>
       </gbean>

   <gbean name="TomcatWebContainer1" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer">
       <attribute name="catalinaHome">var/catalina</attribute>
       <reference name="EngineGBean">
           <name>TomcatEngine1</name>
       </reference>
       <reference name="ServerInfo">
           <name>ServerInfo</name>
       </reference>
       <reference name="WebManager">
           <name>TomcatWebManager</name>
       </reference>
          </gbean>

   <gbean name="TomcatEngine1" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.EngineGBean">
       <attribute name="className">org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatEngine</attribute>
       <attribute name="initParams">
           name=Geronimo1
       </attribute>
              <reference name="DefaultHost">