geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Robert McKinnon <...@clubpcc.com>
Subject Remote authorization
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 18:43:21 GMT
To Whom It May Concern:

I am receiving a Host authorization error when trying to access a
session bean remotely.

22:10:50,415 ERROR [EJB] Host 71.207.20.158 is not authorized to access
this service.
java.lang.SecurityException: Host 71.207.20.158 is not authorized to
access this service.
        at
org.activeio.xnet.hba.ServiceAccessController.checkHostsAuthorization(ServiceAccessController.java:78)
        at
org.activeio.xnet.hba.ServiceAccessController.service(ServiceAccessController.java:51)
        at org.activeio.xnet.ServiceLogger.service(ServiceLogger.java:74)
        at
org.activeio.xnet.ServiceDaemon$SocketListener.run(ServiceDaemon.java:151)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I found reference on line to edit the config.xml file and add the
"allowHosts" attribute to the EJBNetworkService gbean.  I did this but
after restarting the server, the allowHosts attribute entry is removed.
Is there a better way to configure what host are allowed to access EJBs
remotely and/or is there a way to edit the config.xml file without it
being rewritten.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks