geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Clough, Ray C PWR" <Ray.Clo...@pwr.utc.com>
Subject Web Service Problem
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:10:28 GMT
I wrote a simple demo WS which deployed fine under Geronimo 1.0.  I
recently tried upgrading it to G1.1.1 and I've failed miserably.  I used
the upgrade tool to modify the geronimo-web.xml and
geronimo-application.xml files.   I generate the WSDL using Sun's
'wscompile' tool.   When I deploy on G1.1.1 I get a huge and not helpful
error message output beginning with:

    Retrieving document at 'WEB-INF/wsdl/ApothegmService.wsdl'.
    10:52:43,657 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean
is now in the FAILED state: abstractName="apothegm/ApothegmWebService/1.
    1/war?configurationName=apothegm/ApothegmWebService/1.1/war"
    org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unable to
deserialize GBeanState
        ... 28 more
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to deserialize GBeanData
apothegm/ApothegmWebService/1.1/war?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebMod
ule
    name=apothegm/ApothegmWebService/1.1/war, attribute: webServices
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanData.readExternal(GBeanData.java:239)
        ... 29 more
    Caused by: java.io.StreamCorruptedException

This naturally leads me to believe that I have some problem in my
deployment descriptors.  In order to see what might be wrong, I used
Sun's deploytool and checker, no errors.  It deploys and runs on Sun's
App Server v8.2.  I really believe the deployment descriptors are OK,
(but of course we always believe that down in our hearts).

The Geronimo v1.1.1 docs have nothing on Web Services.  Do you have
suggestions?  If I can get this to run, I'll gladly document it and give
it to you if you want it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

- Ray Clough