geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Arnaud Blandin" <blan...@intalio.com>
Subject Using Geronimo JavaMail implementation
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:58:21 GMT
Hi,

I would like to upgrade the Email Webservice shipped with Intalio|BPMS
(http://bpms.intalio.com/content/view/114/84/)
to use the Geronimo Javamail implementation.
It will greatly ease the installation procedure as you won't require to
download the Sun implementation.

The web-service is running in Axis2 deployed on Little G 1.1
When using it configured out of the box, I receive the famous exception
telling me that the smtp protocol is nowhere to be found:

17:37:47,485 ERROR [email] Couldn't send the message:
java.lang.Exception: javax
.mail.NoSuchProviderException: Unable to locate provider for protocol:
smtp

In order to ease loading of the geronimo javamail classes I copied the
jars in the lib directory of Axis2.
I thought thus that there was a conflict but the result is the same if
the jars are removed.

Do you have any existing documentation on how to setup the java mail
library in Geronimo?
Have you already experienced those kinds of troubles?
Where are defined the javamail providers?

Are all the libraries required present in Little G 1.1?

Thanks for your help,

Arnaud