geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sreepriya ramakrishnan <sreepriya_ramakrish...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo and LDAP using the example
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:12:04 GMT
Hi Vamsa,

No. We have applications running on V1.0 and as of now
I cant make the decision to change.

yes I edited the realm through console.
But then after that I also uninstalled the realm and
reinstalled it. It still did not work.

I really appreciate yor help.

Another problem i am having is this:
I am trying to query the Active directory(MS) using
the LDAPLoginModule and it keeps throwing Nullpointer
exception in line 422 of loginmodule. Ihave set the
connectionprotocol value.

Thanks,
Priya

--- Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sreepriya,
>
> Did you "edit" the realm thru console after creating
> it?  There is a known
> issue in G1.0 that the realms won't work once edited
> thru console.  See
>
> It will be helpful if you post the stackTrace to
> dev-list.  Don't worry that
> it is a lot of text in the mail.  It is alright.
>
> May I recommend you to use G-1.1.1, which is the
> latest release?
>
> --vamsi
>
> On 10/5/06, sreepriya ramakrishnan
> <sreepriya_ramakrishnan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using Geronimo V1.0 server and I configured
> the
> > available LDAPLoginModule of geronimo as follows:
> >
> > {connectionProtocol=,
> roleSearchMatching=(member={0}),
> > userSearchSubtree=false, roleName=cn,
> > roleBase=cn=Users,DC=poc.test.com, userRoleName=,
> > authentication=simple,
> >
> connectionUsername=hsimpson,cn=Users,DC=poc.test.com
> > userBase=cn=Users,DC=poc.test.com
> > roleSearchSubtree=false,
> > connectionURL=ldap://localhost:1389,

initialContextFactory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory