geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sreepriya ramakrishnan <sreepriya_ramakrish...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo and Cookies-code snippet
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 00:52:03 GMT

Hi Paul,

This is waht I am trying to achieve.

I have a servlet Filter and  in the filter I try to
read the Authorization header in the request headers .
If I dont find it I send a response with
www-authenticate so that it pops up a window to enter
the username/password .Now at the same time I set a
cookie. Now after this when I receive the username/pwd
I check the cookie. Its then that I cant see the
cookie.

when we send back a www-authenticate response header
message to teh browser and set the client , why cant I
see the cookie I added?

Thanks for your help.

-Priya