On Sep 12, 2006, at 8:29 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

On Sep 12, 2006, at 2:40 AM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

L.S.,

Just a few suggestions after working with the Geronimo plug-in for Eclipse for a few days...

Wouldn't it be possible to use the Eclipse XML editor on the source tab pane of the Geronimo deployment Plan Editor, preferably with the Geronimo schema definitions already loaded, so you can have full code assist functionality in the source pane?

Yes the current source editor is a pure hack, and it needs to be replaced with something more robust.  The plans are based off of EMF models and we need a source editor that is live (not just showing the serialized version of the model) but always in sync.  I think this can be done by somehow by extending eclipse's structured source editor to provide a EMF to XML adapter.

Also would you be able to help work on this? :)

It would also be nice if there was an option to use the administrator id and password (specified when creating the server definition) to avoid the login screen when opening the Geronimo Console from within Eclipse.

Yes, if the console allows the uid/pw to be passed in directly in the url, then yes certainly.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
gert@anova.be

-sachin