geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Michael Malgeri <mmalg...@us.ibm.com>
Subject ActiveMQ questions
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:23:39 GMT
I have  a couple of questions about ActiveMQ

1. If ActiveMQ is set up to run in a standalone configuration, can
Geronimo still be configured to have some of its components interoperate
with it? For instance could  a servlet running in Geronimo have JMS code
that sends or listens for a message to/from an ActiveMQ Queue that is
managed by an instance of ActiveMQ located outside of Geronimo?

2. I heard that the version of ActiveMQ in Geronimo has less capability
than a standalone version of ActiveMQ. Does the embedded version lack
features that are supported by 64bit capability?

3. Finally if the answer is "yes"  to #2 would the JMS code in the servlet
running on Geronimo be able to take advantage of a 64 bit capability
available in the standalone ActiveMQ instance that would otherwise not be
available in a Geronimo embedded ActiveMQ instance?

Michael Malgeri
Technical Services Manager
PHONE: 310-727-4544
Tie Line: 286-4544