geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: CMP Setter & ejbCreate
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:45:34 GMT
Hi Brandon,

I suspect that the primary key is null after the execution of
ejbCreate. Are you sure that you are setting it during ejbCreate? If
you want this id to be generated, then you will need to provide a
primary-key generator for this CMP. I can explain you how to do that,
if need be.

Thanks,
Gianny

On 17/09/2006, at 5:07 AM, Brandon Dooley wrote:

> I'm getting this exception when I try and create a new bean that
> has setter.
> I did find Aaron's post
> http://www.nabble.com/CMR-Setters---ejbCreate-tf407940.html#a1122043
> http://www.nabble.com/CMR-Setters---ejbCreate-
> tf407940.html#a1122043  but
> his was a slightly different error and I'm using CMP Beans not CMR
> Beans.

<snip>

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Identity not available
>         at org.tranql.cache.CacheRow.getId(CacheRow.java:163)
>         at org.tranql.cache.InTxCache.associate(InTxCache.java:43)
>         at org.tranql.cache.CacheTable.addRow(CacheTable.java:92)
>         at
> org.openejb.entity.cmp.CMPCreateMethod.execute(CMPCreateMethod.java:
> 195)
>         at
> org.openejb.dispatch.DispatchInterceptor.invoke
> (DispatchInterceptor.java:72)

<snip>