geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few suggestions for the Geronimo Eclipse plug-in
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:29:14 GMT

On Sep 12, 2006, at 2:40 AM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> Just a few suggestions after working with the Geronimo plug-in for
> Eclipse for a few days...
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to use the Eclipse XML editor on the source
> tab pane of the Geronimo deployment Plan Editor, preferably with
> the Geronimo schema definitions already loaded, so you can have
> full code assist functionality in the source pane?

Yes the current source editor is a pure hack, and it needs to be
replaced with something more robust.  The plans are based off of EMF
models and we need a source editor that is live (not just showing the
serialized version of the model) but always in sync.  I think this
can be done by somehow by extending eclipse's structured source
editor to provide a EMF to XML adapter.

> It would also be nice if there was an option to use the
> administrator id and password (specified when creating the server
> definition) to avoid the login screen when opening the Geronimo
> Console from within Eclipse.

Yes, if the console allows the uid/pw to be passed in directly in the
url, then yes certainly.

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> gert@anova.be