geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bob Dushok <bdus...@mac.com>
Subject Database pool problem
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 20:22:24 GMT
I've created a database pool named clink which connects to a database
stored in a MySQL server.  The database pool wizard indicated the
connection was successful.  I'm encountering some difficulty using
the pool from within a JSP.

I'm using the following web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

	 xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://
java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
	 version="2.4">
     <session-config>
         <session-timeout>
             30
         </session-timeout>
     </session-config>
     <welcome-file-list>
	<welcome-file>
             index.jsp
         </welcome-file>
     </welcome-file-list>
     <resource-ref>
         <res-ref-name>jdbc/cl</res-ref-name>
         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
   </resource-ref>
</web-app>

Within geronimo-web.xml I have the following:
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
     <environment>
         <moduleId>
             <artifactId>Included content</artifactId>
         </moduleId>
         <dependencies>
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
                 <artifactId>cl</artifactId>
             </dependency>
         </dependencies>
     </environment>
     <context-root>/includes</context-root>
     <resource-ref>
         <ref-name>jdbc/cl</ref-name>
         <resource-link>clink</resource-link>
     </resource-ref>
</web-app>

Within my code I attempt to access the pool as follows:

         DataSource ds = ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/cl");
         Connection con = ds.getConnection();

When the page executes I receive the following errors:

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /demo/pooltest.jsp
Generated servlet error:
InitialContext cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /demo/pooltest.jsp
Generated servlet error:
InitialContext cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /demo/pooltest.jsp
Generated servlet error:
DataSource cannot be resolved to a type

Could someone tell me what I've done incorrectly?  The process seems
straightforward, but I've done something incorrectly.

Thanks,
Bob