geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Siraj Mohamed" <Si...@virtusa.com>
Subject Refering an EJB deployed in 2nd EAR
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:19:55 GMT
Hi,

I tried it out in G 1.1.1 version but it fails. I have two EAR
applications (say helloworld1.ear and helloworld2.ear) and I refer
hellword2 ejb in helloworld1 ejb.

This is helloworld1 ejb's openejb-jar.xml looks like.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">
                <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
                                <dep:moduleId>

<dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>

<dep:artifactId>HelloBean1</dep:artifactId>

<dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
                                                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
                                </dep:moduleId>
                                <dep:dependencies/>
                                <dep:hidden-classes/>
                                <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
                </dep:environment>

    <enterprise-beans>
        <session>
            <ejb-name>HelloBean1</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>ejb/helloworld1</jndi-name>

            <ejb-ref>
                     <ref-name>ejb/helloworld2</ref-name>
                     <ejb-link>HelloBean2</ejb-link>
            </ejb-ref>

        </session>
    </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>

And also this is the segment of the ejb-jar.xml of helloworld1 ejb.

<enterprise-beans>
      <session>
         <description>no description</description>
         <display-name>HelloBean1</display-name>
         <ejb-name>HelloBean1</ejb-name>
         <home>ejb.helloworld1.HelloHome1</home>
         <remote>ejb.helloworld1.Hello1</remote>
         <ejb-class>ejb.helloworld1.HelloBean1</ejb-class>
         <session-type>Stateless</session-type>

         <ejb-ref id="EJBRemoteRef_1">
            <ejb-ref-name>ejb/helloworld2</ejb-ref-name>
            <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
            <home>ejb.helloworld2.HelloHome2</home>
            <remote>ejb.helloworld2.Hello2</remote>
         </ejb-ref>

      </session>
   </enterprise-beans>

This is helloworld2 ejb's openejb-jar.xml looks like.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">
                <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
                                <dep:moduleId>

<dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>

<dep:artifactId>HelloBean2</dep:artifactId>

<dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
                                                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
                                </dep:moduleId>
                                <dep:dependencies/>
                                <dep:hidden-classes/>
                                <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
                </dep:environment>

    <enterprise-beans>
        <session>
            <ejb-name>HelloBean2</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>ejb/helloworld2</jndi-name>
        </session>
    </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>

I am getting following error when I tried to deploy helloworld1.ear,
provided that helloworld2.ear has already been deployed.

Deployment failed:
Error processing 'remote' element for EJB Reference 'ejb/helloworld2'
for module 'helloworld1-ejb.jar': Remote interface class not found:
ejb.helloworld2.Hello2

This is my geronimo-application.xml for the helloworld1.ear

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1">
                <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
                                <dep:moduleId>

<dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>

<dep:artifactId>Hello1</dep:artifactId>

<dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
                                                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
                                </dep:moduleId>
                                <dep:dependencies />
                                <dep:hidden-classes/>
                                <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
                </dep:environment>
</application>

Am I missing any configuration? Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Siraj