geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Help with JAAS and Geronimo
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:09:58 GMT
What's the "collecting user details" part of this?

For example, if you use J2EE security and HTTP Basic authentication,
you can have the user's username and password (provided by HTTP Basic
auth) resolved against a JAAS LoginModule (configured as a Geronimo
security realm) and no servlet filter is necessary.  That will let the
application access the current user's username, and check whether
they're in any particular J2EE security role to make finer-grained
authorization decisions.

It would not, however, let you look up the user's address and phone
number, even if that was somehow stuffed into the Subject by the JAAS
LoginModule.

How well does this fit what you're trying to do?

Thanks,
    Aaron