geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kanchana Welagedara" <kancha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Failure
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:32:34 GMT
Thanks for the help.

Joe

I successfully completed the bootstrap build but "mvn clean install"
still throws an error though  I tested it with  both jdk 1.4 and
jdk1.5
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Directory
/home/kanchana/Geronimo/svn/server/testsupport/testsupport-common/target/classes/META-INF
creation was not successful for an unknown reason

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Directory
/home/kanchana/Geronimo/svn/server/testsupport/testsupport-common/target/classes/META-INF
creation was not successful for an unknown reason
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Directory
/home/kanchana/Geronimo/svn/server/testsupport/testsupport-common/target/classes/META-INF
creation was not successful for an unknown reason
        at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:107)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: Directory
/home/kanchana/Geronimo/svn/server/testsupport/testsupport-common/target/classes/META-INF
creation was not successful for an unknown reason
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Mkdir.execute(Mkdir.java:62)
        at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.AntMojoSupport.mkdir(AntMojoSupport.java:124)
        at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.plugins.tools.CopyLegalFilesMojo.doExecute(CopyLegalFilesMojo.java:81)
        at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:92)
        ... 18 more
[INFO] Total time: 28 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Sep 27 21:13:57 LKT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 33M/60M
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------

If this is your first time that you are build from trunk and if you
successfully done the all the bootstrap build is that all or is it
required to run "mvn clean install" to complete the build process?

Jay

Thank you for updating the document.I also added a children separated
child page (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDEV/First+time+Building+the+source+code+-Step+by+Step+bootstrap)which
is written to solve the problem I met as an user who build the code
from trunk at first.The idea of adding this page was many users got
the same problem and taken off the bootstrap separatly.If you find
that it's not necessary please remove it from the confluence.

Thanks
Kanchana