geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kanchana Welagedara" <>
Subject Re: Getting a reference to a remote EJB
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:01:30 GMT
If  you want to set EAR  "one" to be a parent of (G 1.0) or dependency of (G
EAR "two".  That should ensure that EAR " one" is started first and that the
EJB classes in EAR " one" are exposed to the components running in EAR "two
  So the first step is to configure the parent or dependency to
make sure the classes are there, did u do more experimentation to get the
EJB reference syntax right.

On 9/5/06, Lasantha Ranaweera <> wrote:
>  Hi Vimalan,
> This is a problem in the Geronimo 1.1 version. According to the community
> it did work for Geronimo 1.0 and not with 1.1. They are hoping to fix this
> issue in v 1.1.1. If I am wrong hope somebody in community will correct
> me.
> I haven't come across version as you mentioned in Geronimo. Can you please
> explain how did you get this version of Geronimo ?
> Regards,
> Lasantha Ranaweera
> Arunanthisivam Vimalathithen wrote:
> Hi Lasantha,
> Many thanks for your feedback on the MDB problem. I hope you can provide
> me insight to another problem I am facing. I need to get a reference to a
> remote EJB deployed in one EAR from another EJB deployed in another EAR. I
> have tried adding a target-name tag in the ejb-ref tag in the
> openejb-jar.xml and refered to the GBean to identify the EJB but that also
> fails. However deployment proceeds properly if I pakage the jar containing
> the EJB in the same EAR. I am using geronimo .
> Thanks and regards,
> Vimalan

View raw message