geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Dooley <bran...@rootedlabs.com>
Subject Re: CMP Setter & ejbCreate
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 06:39:27 GMT

I began to dig around, and there really isnt any documentation besides
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V1.0.1.0/en/Reference/Plans/openejb-pkgen-2.0.xsd.html#h1577217937
this place . I altered openejb-jar.xml where I think the key-generator
config goes but its not totally right but I think its close. I've got no
other leads. Suggestions?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">

[...]

<enterprise-beans>
       	<entity>
	[...]
	<pkgen:key-generator>
		<pkgen:database-generated>
			<pkgen:identity-column>eventid</pkgen:identity-column>
		</pkgen:database-generated>
       		</pkgen:key-generator>
       	[...]
       	</entity>
</enterprise-beans>

Brandon Dooley wrote:

> Hi Gianny,
>
> Thanks for the response, it sounds like I could use an explanation on
> providing a primary-key generator. The primary key is an auto_increment
> bigint column in a mysql database and I was not setting it, I thought
> mysql would handle it. Thanks again for your help.
>
> Brandon
>

> Gianny Damour wrote:
>>
>> Hi Brandon,
>>
>> I suspect that the primary key is null after the execution of
>> ejbCreate. Are you sure that you are setting it during ejbCreate? If
>> you want this id to be generated, then you will need to provide a
>> primary-key generator for this CMP. I can explain you how to do that,
>> if need be.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gianny
>>
>> On 17/09/2006, at 5:07 AM, Brandon Dooley wrote:
>>

>>> I'm getting this exception when I try and create a new bean that
>>> has setter.
>>> I did find Aaron's post
>>> http://www.nabble.com/CMR-Setters---ejbCreate-tf407940.html#a1122043
>>> http://www.nabble.com/CMR-Setters---ejbCreate-
>>> tf407940.html#a1122043  but
>>> his was a slightly different error and I'm using CMP Beans not CMR
>>> Beans.
>>>

>> <snip>
>>
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Identity not available
>>>         at org.tranql.cache.CacheRow.getId(CacheRow.java:163)
>>>         at org.tranql.cache.InTxCache.associate(InTxCache.java:43)
>>>         at org.tranql.cache.CacheTable.addRow(CacheTable.java:92)
>>>         at
>>> org.openejb.entity.cmp.CMPCreateMethod.execute(CMPCreateMethod.java:
>>> 195)
>>>         at
>>> org.openejb.dispatch.DispatchInterceptor.invoke
>>> (DispatchInterceptor.java:72)
>>>
>> <snip>
>>>    public java.lang.Long ejbCreate(String title, String
>>> description, String
>>> location,
>>> 		   Integer typeId, String url, String type, String creator) throws
>>> javax.ejb.CreateException {
>>> 	   setTitle(title);
>>> 	   setDescription(description);
>>> 	   setLocation(location);
>>> 	   setTypeid(typeId);
>>> 	   setType(type);
>>> 	   setUrl(url);
>>> 	   setCreator(creator);
>>> 	   return null;
>>>    }

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.