geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1 Deployment Problem
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:24:51 GMT

When I tested using 1.1.1 RC3 all went fine. When I used 1.1 Geronimo failed
on the first hot deployment attempt. Since you are not able to recreate the
problem, I'll try to reinstall 1.1 so that I'm using a clean install. I'm
thinking it might just be that something has been trashed on my local
installation. I'll give that a try and let you know. 


Fran 




Hernan Cunico wrote:
> 
> Hi Fran,
> I repeated the tests in 1.1.1 RC3 and RC4 and plain 1.1 with similar 
> results.
> 
> It worked for me when I was using the deployment plan, if I don't 
> specify a plan the deployer dies after/during the third redeployment.
> 
> Do you still see that behavior in 1.1 while using the plan?
> 
> Cheers!
> Hernan
> 
> Fran Varin wrote:
>> Hi Hernan, 
>> I stand corrected...I have tested the simple application with a
>> "geronimo-web.xml" and it works both using Eclipse (as described in my
>> post)
>> and externally. Please note, this time I tested with Geronimo v1.1.1
>> RC3...is it possible that the behavior I observed prior, while testing
>> with
>> v1.1, has been addressed?
>> 
>> Fran 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Fran Varin wrote:
>>> Hi Hernan, 
>>> I did try creating the "gernonimo-web.xml" and received slightly
>>> different
>>> behavior. Since the verison is named the application is not placed in
>>> the
>>> "default" directory with a numeric folder name. Instead, it is placed in
>>> a
>>> folder that bears the name of the application (as you are well aware I'm
>>> sure). However, I did notice similar behavior with regard to the error.
>>> If
>>> you like, I would be willing to document that and distribute it as well. 
>>>
>>> LMK, 
>>> Fran
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>>> Hi Fran,
>>>> yup, this is definitively a bug. I tested it with a slightly different 
>>>> scenario and failed the same way.
>>>>
>>>> Basically the re-deployment of a very simple web application that does 
>>>> not require any Geronimo specific deployment plan knocks the deployer 
>>>> down at the third redeployment.
>>>>
>>>> This affects both the command line tool and the console.
>>>>
>>>> This happens with exploded hot deployed apps, I have not tested it with 
>>>> a compressed .war but I'm sure there will be no difference. (although 
>>>> you can never be too sure ;-)  )
>>>>
>>>> As a workaround, I think it was mentioned before in this thread, but by 
>>>> just adding a geronimo-web.xml with this basic content will temporarily 
>>>> address this issue.
>>>>
>>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>>> <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
>>>> 	<environment>
>>>> 		<moduleId>
>>>> 			<groupId>default.test</groupId>
>>>> 			<artifactId>TestApp</artifactId>
>>>> 			<version>1.1</version>
>>>> 			<type>war</type>
>>>> 		</moduleId>		
>>>> 	</environment>
>>>>    	<context-root>/test</context-root>
>>>> </web-app>
>>>>
>>>> I say temporarily because it is not required a deployment plan for this 
>>>> kind of simple apps.
>>>>
>>>> Could you pls open a JIRA with all the details on how to reproduce this 
>>>> error
>>>>
>>>> Cheers!
>>>> Hernan
>>>>
>>>> Fran Varin wrote:
>>>>> OK, I was able to prove that this is 100% a Geronimo bug. Here is what
>>>>> I
>>>>> did: 
>>>>>
>>>>> 1) Delete the following folder and all of its content: 
>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test
>>>>>
>>>>> 2) Remove the following definition from the config.xml
>>>>>   <module name="default/Test/1157997433272/war"/>
>>>>>
>>>>> 3) Start Geronimo
>>>>>
>>>>> 4) Test the application
>>>>>
>>>>> 5) Make change to JSP and save to the following location: 
>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war
>>>>>
>>>>> 6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 until problem occurs...exactly as stated below,
>>>>> will
>>>>> always fail on the third attempt!!!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> This test removes Eclipse and the assocaited MyEclipse plugins from
>>>>> the
>>>>> mix
>>>>> and absolutely points to Geronimo as the issue. 
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Fran Varin wrote:
>>>>>> OK, the information below is a repeatable scenario that describes
the
>>>>>> problem we are having. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Eclipse Version: 
>>>>>> Version: 3.2.0
>>>>>> Build id: M20060629-1905
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> MyEclipse Version: 
>>>>>> Version: 5.0.1
>>>>>> Build id: 20060810-5.0.1-GA
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Geronimo 1.1
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Problem: 
>>>>>> Hot deploy fails after thrid attempt causing application to be
>>>>>> unusable. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Scenario: 
>>>>>> 1)   Server initializes and creates a copy of the deployed
>>>>>> application
>>>>>> in
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - The folder structure that was created is: 
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871\Test-1157720883871.war

>>>>>>
>>>>>> - Addionally, the config.xml was updated with the following line:
>>>>>>   <module name="default/Test/1157720883871/war"/> 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - The following messages were written to the console as the server
>>>>>> started
>>>>>> the application: 
>>>>>> Geronimo Application Server started
>>>>>> 09:08:03,840 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Deploying Test.war
>>>>>> 09:08:04,605 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>>>>>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or
may
>>>>>> not
>>>>>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>>>>>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer
>>>>>> a
>>>>>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>>>>>>     Deployed default/Test/1157720883871/war @
>>>>>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/Test
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -Running the application produced the correct result. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2) Modified the only JSP in the project and saved. This causes the
>>>>>> application change to be hot deployed. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The following message was written to the console: 
>>>>>> 09:13:56,665 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Redeploying Test.war
>>>>>> 09:13:56,962 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>>>>>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or
may
>>>>>> not
>>>>>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>>>>>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer
>>>>>> a
>>>>>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>>>>>> 09:13:57,619 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that
an
>>>>>> artifact was removed: default/Test/1157720883871/war
>>>>>>     Redeployed default/Test/1157721236962/war
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The line in config.xml above was changed to the following: 
>>>>>> <module name="default/Test/1157721236962/war"/>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default folder
>>>>>> was
>>>>>> changed to the following
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871
>>>>>> --- Empty
>>>>>>
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721236962\Test-1157721236962.war
>>>>>> --- Now contains the deployed application with the changes made
>>>>>> above.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -Running the application produced the correct result. The changes
to
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> JSP were rendered correctly. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 3) Modified the only JSP a second time and saved. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The following message appeared on the console: 
>>>>>> 09:19:58,413 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Redeploying Test.war
>>>>>> 09:19:58,757 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>>>>>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or
may
>>>>>> not
>>>>>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>>>>>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer
>>>>>> a
>>>>>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>>>>>> 09:19:59,429 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that
an
>>>>>> artifact was removed: default/Test/1157721236962/war
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The line in config.xml was changed to: 
>>>>>> <module name="default/Test/1157721598741/war"/>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The contents of
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>>>>>> were changed to: 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871
>>>>>> --- Empty
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721236962
>>>>>> --- Empty
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721598741\Test-1157721598741.war
>>>>>> --- Contains the deployed application with the changes made above.

>>>>>>
>>>>>> -Running the application produced the correct result. The changes
to
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> JSP were rendered correctly. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 4)  Modified the only JSP a third time and saved. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -No additional messages were written to the console. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The Line in config.xml was not modified.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -No additional changes to
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The deploy directory
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war has the correct
>>>>>> JSP
>>>>>> change. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -Running the application does not display the change made to the
JSP.
>>>>>> The
>>>>>> previous change is still deployed. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -Conslusion: Hot deploy was ignored on the Third change.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 5) Stop server --- successful, no error messages
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 6) Start server
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The following is the console log from starting the server. Notice
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> exception thrown in relation to the hot deploy failure from the
>>>>>> previous
>>>>>> run. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2_05)...
>>>>>> Module  1/21 geronimo/rmi-naming/1.1/car              started in
 
>>>>>> .500s
>>>>>> Module  2/21 geronimo/j2ee-server/1.1/car             started in

>>>>>> 1.125s
>>>>>> Module  3/21 geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1/car           started in

>>>>>> 1.000s
>>>>>> Module  4/21 geronimo/axis/1.1/car                    started in
 
>>>>>> .172s
>>>>>> Module  5/21 geronimo/openejb/1.1/car                 started in
 
>>>>>> .703s
>>>>>> Module  6/21 geronimo/system-database/1.1/car         started in

>>>>>> 3.453s
>>>>>> Module  7/21 geronimo/activemq-broker/1.1/car         started in

>>>>>> 2.032s
>>>>>> Module  8/21 geronimo/activemq/1.1/car                started in
 
>>>>>> .953s
>>>>>> Module  9/21 geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car                  started in

>>>>>> 4.094s
>>>>>> Module 10/21 geronimo/geronimo-gbean-deployer/1.1/car started in
 
>>>>>> .516s
>>>>>> Module 11/21 geronimo/j2ee-deployer/1.1/car           started in
 
>>>>>> .516s
>>>>>> Module 12/21 geronimo/openejb-deployer/1.1/car        started in
 
>>>>>> .656s
>>>>>> Module 13/21 geronimo/client-deployer/1.1/car         started in
 
>>>>>> .140s
>>>>>> Module 14/21 geronimo/axis-deployer/1.1/car           started in
 
>>>>>> .203s
>>>>>> Module 15/21 geronimo/sharedlib/1.1/car               started in
 
>>>>>> .031s
>>>>>> Module 16/21 geronimo/tomcat-deployer/1.1/car         started in
 
>>>>>> .156s
>>>>>> Module 17/21 geronimo/welcome-tomcat/1.1/car          started in
 
>>>>>> .609s
>>>>>> Module 18/21 geronimo/webconsole-tomcat/1.1/car       started in

>>>>>> 7.625s
>>>>>> Module 19/21 geronimo/remote-deploy-tomcat/1.1/car    started in
 
>>>>>> .485s
>>>>>> Module 20/21 geronimo/hot-deployer/1.1/car            started in
 
>>>>>> .640s
>>>>>> Module 21/21 default/Test/1157721598741/war           started in
 
>>>>>> .578s
>>>>>> Startup completed in 31 seconds
>>>>>>   Listening on Ports:
>>>>>>     1099 0.0.0.0 RMI Naming
>>>>>>     1527 0.0.0.0 Derby Connector
>>>>>>     4201 0.0.0.0 ActiveIO Connector EJB
>>>>>>     4242 0.0.0.0 Remote Login Listener
>>>>>>     8009 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector AJP
>>>>>>     8080 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTP
>>>>>>     8443 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTPS
>>>>>>     9999 0.0.0.0 JMX Remoting Connector
>>>>>>    61616 0.0.0.0 ActiveMQ Message Broker Connector
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   Started Application Modules:
>>>>>>     EAR: geronimo/webconsole-tomcat/1.1/car
>>>>>>     RAR: geronimo/activemq/1.1/car
>>>>>>     RAR: geronimo/system-database/1.1/car
>>>>>>     WAR: default/Test/1157721598741/war
>>>>>>     WAR: geronimo/remote-deploy-tomcat/1.1/car
>>>>>>     WAR: geronimo/welcome-tomcat/1.1/car
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   Web Applications:
>>>>>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/
>>>>>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/Test
>>>>>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/console
>>>>>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/console-standard
>>>>>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/remote-deploy
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Geronimo Application Server started
>>>>>> 09:29:59,175 ERROR [DirectoryMonitor] Unable to scan file
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war during
>>>>>> initialization
>>>>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid id: Test
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:49)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryHotDeployer.getDeploymentTime(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:215)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.initialize(DirectoryMonitor.java:233)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:206)
>>>>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>>>>> 09:30:03,175 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Deploying Test.war
>>>>>> 09:30:03,612 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>>>>>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or
may
>>>>>> not
>>>>>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>>>>>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer
>>>>>> a
>>>>>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>>>>>> 09:30:04,737 ERROR [GBeanInstance] Problem in doFail of
>>>>>> default/Test/1157722203222/war?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/Test/1157722203222/war
>>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.removeContext(TomcatContainer.java:327)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4716170d.removeContext(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doFail(TomcatWebAppContext.java:469)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1010)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>>>>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>>>> 	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:180)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.getWorkPath(StandardContext.java:1789)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.destroy(ContextConfig.java:1269)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:281)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.destroy(StandardContext.java:4419)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.removeContext(TomcatContainer.java:325)
>>>>>> 	... 31 more
>>>>>> 09:30:04,737 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean
>>>>>> is
>>>>>> now
>>>>>> in the FAILED state:
>>>>>> abstractName="default/Test/1157722203222/war?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/Test/1157722203222/war"
>>>>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name '/Test'
is
>>>>>> not
>>>>>> unique
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:749)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.java:313)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4716170d.addContext(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppContext.java:448)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:981)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>>>>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
>>>>>> default/Test/1157722203222/war failed
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>>>>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>>>>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
>>>>>> Unknown start exception
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:440)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>>>>>> 	... 12 more
>>>>>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
>>>>>> Configuration default/Test/1157722203222/war failed to start due
to
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> following reasons:
>>>>>>   The service
>>>>>> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/Test/1157722203222/war
>>>>>> did not start because the doStart method threw an exception. 
>>>>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name '/Test'
is
>>>>>> not
>>>>>> unique
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:749)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.java:313)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4716170d.addContext(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppContext.java:448)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:981)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>>>>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 	at
>>>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:403)
>>>>>> 	... 14 more
>>>>>> 09:30:04,847 WARN  [Hot Deployer] Unable to start some modules for
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The following line was added to the config.xml: 
>>>>>> <module load="false" name="default/Test/1157722203222/war"/>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The contents of
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>>>>>> were changed to: 
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871
>>>>>> --- Empty
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721236962
>>>>>> --- Empty
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721598741\Test-1157721598741.war
>>>>>> --- Contains the deployed application with the changes made in step
3
>>>>>> above
>>>>>>
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157722203222\Test-1157722203222.war
>>>>>> --- Contains the deployed application with the changes attempted
in
>>>>>> step 4
>>>>>> above. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -The application runs but, displays the changes successfully deployed
>>>>>> in
>>>>>> step 3. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Observations: 
>>>>>> 1)	This scenario has been executed several times and follows the
>>>>>> exact
>>>>>> same sequence each time. So, the number of successful hot deployments
>>>>>> follows the exact same pattern. 
>>>>>> 2)	The only work around is to remove all associated lines from
>>>>>> config.xml
>>>>>> and to delete the following folder and all of its content:
>>>>>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test
>>>>>> 3)	When observation #2 is performed and the server restarted, the
>>>>>> exception is not thrown, the application is deployed properly with
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> new
>>>>>> changes intact and runs fine. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Geronimo-1.1-Deployment-Problem-tf2234587.html#a6286647
Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message