geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Valves in Geronimo
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:37:20 GMT

On Sep 23, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Rik wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I’ve been quite impressed with certain features of Geronimo,
> notably the pleasant, simple admin console and the speed of
> installing and restarting applications. However I have been
> unsuccessful in my attempts to configure the version of Tomcat
> embedded in the release.

Thanks for the complement!

It might not be easy to change the tomcat version.  Knowing which
geronimo release you are working with would be helpful in thinking
about what you might do.  Out of curiousity why do you want to change
the tomcat version?
> I have been trying to configure tomcat valves; the
> JDBCAccessLogValve and RemoteAddrValve. I found some examples on
> the IBM website and in the geronimo documentation, but couldn’t get
> them to work.

This should definitely work without changing which tomcat you are
using.  Did you get errors or just no effect?  Showing what you did
to install them and the results would be helpful.

thanks
david jencks