geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Mailing from geronimo
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:17:05 GMT
It is a remote SMTP server (in our lan) and autentication shuld not be
needed from inside our LAN (I have sucsessfully accessed the SMTP server
from within a vanila tomcat5 web app without autentication).
Could a autentication faliur result in a NoSuchProviderException ?
I have tryed setting the Transport attributes (smtphost, username,
password) from within the code

Transport tr = mailSession.getTransport("smtp");
tr.connect(smtphost, username, password);

and also tryed a GBean via the attributes (host,port).
The Gbean is from a sligtly moddified version of the "example mail
session" that Rick posted (he did a farly good shoot from the hip ;)).

I but regardles of a lott of testing with different setups i still get

javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: Unable to locate provider for protocol: smtp
        at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(Session.java:227)
        at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:336)

Im testing this on a fresh install of Geronimo 1.1.1

Anny suggestions ?

Cheers
   Peter