geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailing from geronimo
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:11:44 GMT
Peter Petersson wrote:
> Thanks Rick for your quick response on my question.
>
> Unfortunatly I can not use the syntax you suggest (below) as Im
> working with a qeronimo-quartz plan
>
> http://gplugins.sourceforge.net/schemas/geronimo-quartz-0.2.xsd
I'm afraid I don't have any experience with quartz, and there are a
number of things in that example that puzzle me.  It would have been
nice if
they had showed the GBean configuration for their MailSession.  Let's
try a couple of things (see below).

> Basicly Im trying to figger out just how to translate what you points
> me to in the context of this deploiment plan.
> For instance dose the dependency injection of
>            <dependency>
>               <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
>               <artifactId>javamail</artifactId>
>               <version>1.1.1</version>
>            </dependency>
> correspond to the module line below ? I tryed it out but still gets
> the same error so i guess it dossent.
Try

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
            <artifactId>javamail</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.1</version>
            <type>car</type>
        </dependency>

If that doesn't work, you might try creating your own example mail
session.  I don't have a good copy of 1.1.1 on hand at the moment, so
I'm sort of shooting from the hip on the dependencies (they've changed
significantly in the current trunk build):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>example</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>javamail-server</dep:artifactId>
    </dep:moduleId>
    <dep:dependencies>
      <dep:dependency>
        <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>geronimo-mail</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
        <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
        <dep:import>classes</dep:import>
      </dep:dependency>
      <dep:dependency>
        <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>geronimo-javamail-transport</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
        <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
        <dep:import>classes</dep:import>
      </dep:dependency>
      <dep:dependency>
        <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>rmi-naming</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:type>car</dep:type>
      </dep:dependency>
    </dep:dependencies>
    <dep:hidden-classes/>
    <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
  </dep:environment>
  <gbean name="mail/MailSession" class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.MailGBean">
    <attribute name="transportProtocol">smtp</attribute>
  </gbean>
  <gbean name="SMTPTransport"
class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.SMTPTransportGBean">
    <attribute name="host">localhost</attribute>
    <attribute name="port">25</attribute>
  </gbean>
</module>