geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web Service Sample Application
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:29:08 GMT
I know that the way we have it today for tracking progress in the doc is far from optimal but
JIRAs may not be the easiest way either.

If we use JIRA for the doc, this is what I think the author should do:

- create a JIRA for documentation
  - JIRA summary should match cwiki page title
  - what priority should be used?
  - specify affected releases
  - assign the issue to itself
  - add a link in the JIRA to the cwiki HTML page
  - non English versions of the doc should also contain a link to the original doc (dependency?)
- add a link to JIRA from the cwiki documentation page
- develop the actual documentation content and necessary samples
- no further status update/changes on the JIRA would be necessary while the content is developed
in cwiki
- close the JIRA once the document is finished

hmmm, on second thought, this may not bee too hard to deal with as long as we keep the main
focus in the doc and not in maintaining those doc JIRAs.

Let's give it a try for the remaining of the v1.1 and v1.1.1 doc, if it works we could go
full steam ahead for the next G release.

Comments?

Cheers!
Hernan