geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: How about a Certification Authority (CA) portlet in Geronimo Console?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:00:17 GMT
Well ... sorta and sorta not ...

Aaron did some work in the Quartz plugin that included a brute force
method to add new items to the admin console via a GBean included with
the Quartz plugin that modifies the Pluto portal config.  It's really
creative stuff within the limits of the current Pluto implementation
.... but it has its limits.  It is only additive at the moment and isn't
really integrated with core Geronimo (as it's a super-intelligent GBean
that just knows the Pluto structure and this Gbean is currently bundled
with the plugin).   Aaron, please correct anything that I didn't get
right ... I think what you've done is really cool.

I'd like to see if the newer Pluto includes some more dynamic update
capabilities (as I've heard that it does) but I haven't had a chance to
look yet.

So, back to your question ... yes it's possible but IMO, we really don't
have a complete solution for console plugability yet.

Joe