geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lasantha Ranaweera <lasan...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Minimalistic example
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:34:41 GMT
Hi Mattias,

I think I have given some information regarding this section. Anyway
this a more detailed description about lookup string
"java:comp/env/ejb/MyTest".

This string is composed of two parts as I described, "java:comp/env" and
"ejb/MyTest". I have used "ejb/MyTest" since it is a best practice to
give names to EJBs and it comes from your web.xml file. It says MyTest
name is under the tree of ejb directory. "java:comp/env" part comes from
the Geronimo server itself. "MyTest" name deployed in ejb directory
which is under env. This env is the short form of environment.
"java:comp" is the root context of the name space. "comp" means components.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Lasantha Ranaweera