geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1 Deployment Problem
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:03:23 GMT
Hi Fran,
yup, this is definitively a bug. I tested it with a slightly different 
scenario and failed the same way.

Basically the re-deployment of a very simple web application that does 
not require any Geronimo specific deployment plan knocks the deployer 
down at the third redeployment.

This affects both the command line tool and the console.

This happens with exploded hot deployed apps, I have not tested it with 
a compressed .war but I'm sure there will be no difference. (although 
you can never be too sure ;-)  )

As a workaround, I think it was mentioned before in this thread, but by 
just adding a geronimo-web.xml with this basic content will temporarily 
address this issue.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
	<environment>
		<moduleId>
			<groupId>default.test</groupId>
			<artifactId>TestApp</artifactId>
			<version>1.1</version>
			<type>war</type>
		</moduleId>		
	</environment>
   	<context-root>/test</context-root>
</web-app>

I say temporarily because it is not required a deployment plan for this 
kind of simple apps.

Could you pls open a JIRA with all the details on how to reproduce this 
error

Cheers!
Hernan

Fran Varin wrote:
> OK, I was able to prove that this is 100% a Geronimo bug. Here is what I did: 
> 
> 1) Delete the following folder and all of its content: 
> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test
> 
> 2) Remove the following definition from the config.xml
>   <module name="default/Test/1157997433272/war"/>
> 
> 3) Start Geronimo
> 
> 4) Test the application
> 
> 5) Make change to JSP and save to the following location: 
> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war
> 
> 6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 until problem occurs...exactly as stated below, will
> always fail on the third attempt!!!
> 
> 
> This test removes Eclipse and the assocaited MyEclipse plugins from the mix
> and absolutely points to Geronimo as the issue. 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Fran Varin wrote:
>> OK, the information below is a repeatable scenario that describes the
>> problem we are having. 
>>
>>
>> Eclipse Version: 
>> Version: 3.2.0
>> Build id: M20060629-1905
>>
>>
>> MyEclipse Version: 
>> Version: 5.0.1
>> Build id: 20060810-5.0.1-GA
>>
>>
>> Geronimo 1.1
>>
>> Problem: 
>> Hot deploy fails after thrid attempt causing application to be unusable. 
>>
>>
>> Scenario: 
>> 1)   Server initializes and creates a copy of the deployed application in
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>>
>> - The folder structure that was created is: 
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871\Test-1157720883871.war

>>
>> - Addionally, the config.xml was updated with the following line:
>>   <module name="default/Test/1157720883871/war"/> 
>>
>> - The following messages were written to the console as the server started
>> the application: 
>> Geronimo Application Server started
>> 09:08:03,840 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Deploying Test.war
>> 09:08:04,605 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not
>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a
>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>>     Deployed default/Test/1157720883871/war @
>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/Test
>>
>> -Running the application produced the correct result. 
>>
>>
>>
>> 2) Modified the only JSP in the project and saved. This causes the
>> application change to be hot deployed. 
>>
>> -The following message was written to the console: 
>> 09:13:56,665 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Redeploying Test.war
>> 09:13:56,962 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not
>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a
>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>> 09:13:57,619 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that an
>> artifact was removed: default/Test/1157720883871/war
>>     Redeployed default/Test/1157721236962/war
>>
>> -The line in config.xml above was changed to the following: 
>> <module name="default/Test/1157721236962/war"/>
>>
>> -The C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default folder was
>> changed to the following
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871
>> --- Empty
>>
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721236962\Test-1157721236962.war
>> --- Now contains the deployed application with the changes made above.
>>
>> -Running the application produced the correct result. The changes to the
>> JSP were rendered correctly. 
>>
>>
>>
>> 3) Modified the only JSP a second time and saved. 
>>
>> -The following message appeared on the console: 
>> 09:19:58,413 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Redeploying Test.war
>> 09:19:58,757 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not
>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a
>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>> 09:19:59,429 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that an
>> artifact was removed: default/Test/1157721236962/war
>>
>> -The line in config.xml was changed to: 
>> <module name="default/Test/1157721598741/war"/>
>>
>> -The contents of C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>> were changed to: 
>>
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871
>> --- Empty
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721236962
>> --- Empty
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721598741\Test-1157721598741.war
>> --- Contains the deployed application with the changes made above. 
>>
>> -Running the application produced the correct result. The changes to the
>> JSP were rendered correctly. 
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 4)  Modified the only JSP a third time and saved. 
>>
>> -No additional messages were written to the console. 
>>
>> -The Line in config.xml was not modified.
>>
>> -No additional changes to
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>>
>> -The deploy directory
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war has the correct JSP
>> change. 
>>
>> -Running the application does not display the change made to the JSP. The
>> previous change is still deployed. 
>>
>> -Conslusion: Hot deploy was ignored on the Third change.
>>
>>
>>
>> 5) Stop server --- successful, no error messages
>>
>>
>>
>> 6) Start server
>>
>> -The following is the console log from starting the server. Notice the
>> exception thrown in relation to the hot deploy failure from the previous
>> run. 
>>
>> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2_05)...
>> Module  1/21 geronimo/rmi-naming/1.1/car              started in   .500s
>> Module  2/21 geronimo/j2ee-server/1.1/car             started in  1.125s
>> Module  3/21 geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1/car           started in  1.000s
>> Module  4/21 geronimo/axis/1.1/car                    started in   .172s
>> Module  5/21 geronimo/openejb/1.1/car                 started in   .703s
>> Module  6/21 geronimo/system-database/1.1/car         started in  3.453s
>> Module  7/21 geronimo/activemq-broker/1.1/car         started in  2.032s
>> Module  8/21 geronimo/activemq/1.1/car                started in   .953s
>> Module  9/21 geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car                  started in  4.094s
>> Module 10/21 geronimo/geronimo-gbean-deployer/1.1/car started in   .516s
>> Module 11/21 geronimo/j2ee-deployer/1.1/car           started in   .516s
>> Module 12/21 geronimo/openejb-deployer/1.1/car        started in   .656s
>> Module 13/21 geronimo/client-deployer/1.1/car         started in   .140s
>> Module 14/21 geronimo/axis-deployer/1.1/car           started in   .203s
>> Module 15/21 geronimo/sharedlib/1.1/car               started in   .031s
>> Module 16/21 geronimo/tomcat-deployer/1.1/car         started in   .156s
>> Module 17/21 geronimo/welcome-tomcat/1.1/car          started in   .609s
>> Module 18/21 geronimo/webconsole-tomcat/1.1/car       started in  7.625s
>> Module 19/21 geronimo/remote-deploy-tomcat/1.1/car    started in   .485s
>> Module 20/21 geronimo/hot-deployer/1.1/car            started in   .640s
>> Module 21/21 default/Test/1157721598741/war           started in   .578s
>> Startup completed in 31 seconds
>>   Listening on Ports:
>>     1099 0.0.0.0 RMI Naming
>>     1527 0.0.0.0 Derby Connector
>>     4201 0.0.0.0 ActiveIO Connector EJB
>>     4242 0.0.0.0 Remote Login Listener
>>     8009 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector AJP
>>     8080 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTP
>>     8443 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTPS
>>     9999 0.0.0.0 JMX Remoting Connector
>>    61616 0.0.0.0 ActiveMQ Message Broker Connector
>>
>>   Started Application Modules:
>>     EAR: geronimo/webconsole-tomcat/1.1/car
>>     RAR: geronimo/activemq/1.1/car
>>     RAR: geronimo/system-database/1.1/car
>>     WAR: default/Test/1157721598741/war
>>     WAR: geronimo/remote-deploy-tomcat/1.1/car
>>     WAR: geronimo/welcome-tomcat/1.1/car
>>
>>   Web Applications:
>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/
>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/Test
>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/console
>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/console-standard
>>     http://RI150WS311:8080/remote-deploy
>>
>> Geronimo Application Server started
>> 09:29:59,175 ERROR [DirectoryMonitor] Unable to scan file
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war during
>> initialization
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid id: Test
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:49)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryHotDeployer.getDeploymentTime(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:215)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.initialize(DirectoryMonitor.java:233)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:206)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>> 09:30:03,175 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Deploying Test.war
>> 09:30:03,612 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
>> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not
>> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a
>> separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>> 09:30:04,737 ERROR [GBeanInstance] Problem in doFail of
>> default/Test/1157722203222/war?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/Test/1157722203222/war
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.removeContext(TomcatContainer.java:327)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4716170d.removeContext(<generated>)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doFail(TomcatWebAppContext.java:469)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1010)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:180)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.getWorkPath(StandardContext.java:1789)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.destroy(ContextConfig.java:1269)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:281)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.destroy(StandardContext.java:4419)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.removeContext(TomcatContainer.java:325)
>> 	... 31 more
>> 09:30:04,737 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
>> in the FAILED state:
>> abstractName="default/Test/1157722203222/war?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/Test/1157722203222/war"
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name '/Test' is not
>> unique
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:749)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.java:313)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4716170d.addContext(<generated>)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppContext.java:448)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:981)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
>> default/Test/1157722203222/war failed
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
>> Unknown start exception
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:440)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>> 	... 12 more
>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
>> Configuration default/Test/1157722203222/war failed to start due to the
>> following reasons:
>>   The service
>> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/Test/1157722203222/war
>> did not start because the doStart method threw an exception. 
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name '/Test' is not
>> unique
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:749)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.java:313)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4716170d.addContext(<generated>)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppContext.java:448)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:981)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>> 	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2d60c486.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>
>>
>> 	at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:403)
>> 	... 14 more
>> 09:30:04,847 WARN  [Hot Deployer] Unable to start some modules for
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\deploy\Test.war
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -The following line was added to the config.xml: 
>> <module load="false" name="default/Test/1157722203222/war"/>
>>
>>
>> -The contents of C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default
>> were changed to: 
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157720883871
>> --- Empty
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721236962
>> --- Empty
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157721598741\Test-1157721598741.war
>> --- Contains the deployed application with the changes made in step 3
>> above
>>
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test\1157722203222\Test-1157722203222.war
>> --- Contains the deployed application with the changes attempted in step 4
>> above. 
>>
>>
>> -The application runs but, displays the changes successfully deployed in
>> step 3. 
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Observations: 
>> 1)	This scenario has been executed several times and follows the exact
>> same sequence each time. So, the number of successful hot deployments
>> follows the exact same pattern. 
>> 2)	The only work around is to remove all associated lines from config.xml
>> and to delete the following folder and all of its content:
>> C:\TestEclipse\eclipse32\geronimo-1.1\repository\default\Test
>> 3)	When observation #2 is performed and the server restarted, the
>> exception is not thrown, the application is deployed properly with the new
>> changes intact and runs fine. 
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> 

Mime
View raw message