geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few suggestions for the Geronimo Eclipse plug-in
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:48:32 GMT
> Yes, if the console allows the uid/pw to be passed in directly in the url,
> then yes certainly.

The console uses j_security_check to handle authentication.  Using
that technique requires the username and password to be submitted
separately from the original request.  I don't think there's any way
to encode the username and password into the original request url.
The only way I can think of to achieve the desired behavior in eclipse
would be to disable the console's security in its web.xml.  But that's
not recommended.

Best wishes,
Paul