geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sreepriya ramakrishnan <sreepriya_ramakrish...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo and LDAP
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:19:00 GMT
Hi ,

Thank so much for your help . Iwas able to deploy the
realm.

I then created a war file and tried to deploy that and
this is the error I get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot retrieve the
value for non-persistent at
tribute containerName when GBeanInstance is DESTROYED

I have another question. what is the purpose of the
.ldif file? We connect to the LDAP server directly to
run the example, so why do we need the .ldif file?

Appreciate your help,

Thanks,
priya

--- Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sreepriya,
> if you use the ldap-realm.xml file provided with the
> zip you should be OK.
> I've been able to reproduce the error by copying and
> pasting the content listed in the doc into a new xml
> file.
> When I put that example in the doc I had to break
> some long lines into multiple lines, for instance
>
>         <reference name="LoginService">

<gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Security,

J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService
>             </gbean-name>
>
> If the <gbean-name> islisted in a single line you
> should not have any problems deploying this realm.
> Just in case, I attached the realm.xml
>
> Let me know if you still see this problem.
>
> HTH
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> sreepriya ramakrishnan wrote:
> > We are using version 1.0  and I am trying to
> follow
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/ldap-realm.html
> >
> > but when I try to deploy the realm I get:

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
> > Could not load class or
> > g.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean
> >
> > Can you let me know what I am doing wrong
> >
> > Appreciate your help
> >
> > Thanks,
> > priya
> > --- Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Sreepriya,
> >> what version of Geronimo are you using?
> >> If you are using v1.1 check this article
> >>
> >> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/ldap-realm.html
> >>
> >> Cheers!
> >> Hernan

> ldap-jetty
> >> exception
> >>>
> org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean

> >> protection around

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <configuration
>
> xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment"
>     configId="org/apache/geronimo/ldap-secure">
>
>    <gbean name="ldap-login"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean">
>         <attribute

name="loginModuleClass">org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.LDAPLoginModule</attribute>
>         <attribute
> name="serverSide">true</attribute>
>         <attribute name="options">

initialContextFactory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
> 		connectionURL=ldap://localhost:1389
> 		connectionUsername=uid=admin,ou=system
> 		connectionPassword=secret
> 		connectionProtocol=
> 		authentication=simple
> 		userBase=ou=users,ou=system
> 		userSearchMatching=uid={0}
> 		userSearchSubtree=false
> 		roleBase=ou=groups,ou=system
> 		roleName=cn
> 		roleSearchMatching=(uniqueMember={0})
> 		roleSearchSubtree=false
> 		userRoleName=
> 	  </attribute>
>         <attribute
> name="loginDomainName">ldap-realm</attribute>
>     </gbean>
>
>     <gbean name="ldap-realm"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm">
>         <attribute
> name="realmName">ldap-realm</attribute>
>         <reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
>             	<name>ldap-login</name>
>         </reference>
>         <reference name="ServerInfo">
>
> <module>org/apache/geronimo/System</module>
>             <name>ServerInfo</name>
>         </reference>
>         <!-- Add -->
>         <reference name="LoginService">

<gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Security,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService</gbean-name>
>          </reference>
>     </gbean>
>
>     <gbean name="ldap-login"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.JaasLoginModuleUse">
>         <attribute
> name="controlFlag">REQUIRED</attribute>
>         <reference name="LoginModule">
>             <name>ldap-login</name>
>         </reference>
>     </gbean>
>
>      <gbean name="ldaptest"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ServerRealmConfigurationEntry">
>         <attribute
> name="applicationConfigName">ldaptest</attribute>
>         <attribute
> name="realmName">ldap-realm</attribute>
>         <reference

name="LoginService"><gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Security,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService</gbean-name></reference>