geronimo-user mailing list archives

Subject AW: Re: Geronimo docbase
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:00:38 GMT

I use Geronimo with Tomcat. In Tomcat without Gerinome I can
deploy all my webApps in a folder outside the installation
directory of Tomcat. I have to add a <context>..</context> in
server.xml or I have to add a XML-File in webApps - Folder
from Tomcat sampleApp.xml where I can specify where to find
the webApps outside this directories.

I think I can do that with Geronimo too.

But in the documentation I have not found any hint.

Or do I have to use deployment-command?
I think for simple apps it should be enough to copy them to
the server and register them in something like server.xml

>Don't know if this is what you're after, but I "remote deploy" most of the
>time using a source folder on a storage device, I don't use hot deployment
>in the "deploy" folder. I think you can do this from the console, I usually
>do it from command line:
>java -jar <geronimo home>/deployer.jar --user <system use name> --password
><password> deploy <application war file path>
>Timo Erbach . netbixx wrote:
>> Hello,
>> how can I change the docbase for webapps.
>> Don?t wana use the deploy directory.
>> Regrads
>> Timo
>Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message