geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Rik" <...@fundum.net>
Subject Tomcat Valves in Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:59:25 GMT
Hello All,

I'm trying to find the documentation on how to configure Tomcat for use with
Geronimo. Specifically, I would like to be able to use the valves,
specifically JDBCAccessLogValve.

I tried to follow the directions in the documentation, and added the
following to var/catalina/conf/j2ee-server-tomcat-plan.xml :

<gbean name="SecondValve" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.ValveGBean">

    <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.valves.JDBCAccessLogValve</attribute>

    <attribute name="driverName">org.postgresql.Driver</attribute>

    <attribute
name="connectionURL">jdbc:postgresql://chef:5432/system</attribute>

    <attribute name="connectionName">rik</attribute>

    <attribute name="connectionPassword">hello</attribute>

    <attribute name="pattern">combined</attribute>

    <attribute name="resolveHosts">false</attribute>

</gbean>

But nothing happens, not even an error message, which suggests to me that it
never gets loaded. Can someone give me any hints?

Thanks,

Rik