Do you mean xbean class loaders, or your system classloaders ?

  cl.getImplementationVersion();  or

Do you mean  java.lang.Package.getImplementationVersion () ?

#1 results in a NPE thrown by Spring, when calling

I guess you have problems when using xbean application context, which now call
which uses SpringVersion.getVersion, right ?

#2 results in XBean not finding the property files, which contain the custom

As I can't change the classloader easily, I have created a simple solution
which lets XBean read a system property *after* everything else has failed.
The system property points to a directory, where XBean can load the property
files plus an additional xbean.properties file, which contains a property

What do you think about this solution?  Should I open an issue for that and
attach my patch?

Yes, please.

Thanks for feedback,

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt           tel. +49 (711) 99 33 035
Rosenbergstr. 58                   mob. +49 (172) 130 54 77
70176 Stuttgart (GERMANY)       stefan@kleineikenscheidt.de

Guillaume Nodet