I don't think quite understanding the change.†Please read the documentation in the eclipse help on creating update sites and specifically the section about using data entries.† This will give u a better understanding.† But in short you don't put the zip file anywhere locally.† The whole point of the change is so that the distribution does not have to be bundled and you can provide data entries inside your feature which are then mapped directly to a location on the update site.