Thanks, Aaron, I know that.

Oh!! Are you telling me I am too naive.  Do I have to add a schemaLocation attribute to use a remote XML schema?  Like this:

<web-app
  xmlns=" http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
  xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
  xmlns:sec=" http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
  xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
  xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1 http://geronimo.apache.org/schemas-1.1/geronimo-web-1.1.xsd"

I know that works, but I was hoping that if the name space URL returned the schema, I would not have to add a schemaLocation attribute.

Am I being too optimistic?  Please enlighten me.

Truly,

Lance