From: Kanchana Welagedara [mailto:kanchanas@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 12:20 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Questions about Geronimo capabilities

Hi

On 8/25/06, Alex Aisinzon <aaisinzon@guidewire.com> wrote:

> My company heavily uses Tomcat as a Servlet container for its

> applications.Tomcat has some shortcomings that Geronimo may address.

> I have tried to find answers to the following questions with no success.

> I resort to the mailing list to get some answers:

> *   Running several applications within Geronimo (with Tomcat): When

> we run several applications within Geronimo (with Tomcat as servlet

> engine), do all applications run in the same jvm or in separate ones.

Either way you can use geronimo. I

> am interested in the latter, as it provides a better separation between

> applications.

It's Based on your application.For the further details have a look.

http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation.html

> *   Deployment to a cluster: does Geronimo provide a capacity to

> automatically deploy (or redeploy) the same application to several nodes

> in a cluster.

Automatic deployment is available for Geronimo v1.0 which is called

hot deployment

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/hot-deployment.html..

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/deployer-tool.html#Deployertool-deploy

For geronimo v1.1 the geronimo web console provides the options to

upload the module or you can use the command line using deploy.jar

java -jar deployer.jar <general_options> redeploy <module> <deployment_plan>

Hope this is useful

Regards

Kanchana