geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: GeronimoTransactionManager IllegalStateException: Status is STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:28:31 GMT
David Jencks <david_jencks@...> writes:

> I've seen this or a similar problem too IIRC.  Does it cause an actual error
> in your code or just an annoying error message to be logged?
>
> I think that the latest code does away with the TransactionContextManager
> entirely which might remove this problem.  However I don't think this version
> of jencks has been released: certainly the geronimo code it uses hasn't been
> released officially.
>
> I think we could still patch the geronimo code similar to what's used in
> jencks 1.2 to avoid this problem in the g 1.1.2 release.
>
> I suspect the final call to rollback can be removed entirely.  What do you
> think?

Hey, I'm no longer the only one :)

I suspect this behaviour is somehow related to connectionErrorOccurred(..) on
the GeronimoConnectionEventListener. I use Geronimo Connector in combination
with Jencks and TranQL. The latter uses AllExceptionsAreFatalSorter bye default.
If I switch to NoExceptionsAreFatalSorter at least my rollbacks work. From what
I understand on connectionErrorOccurred(..) the connection gets destroyed, but
the rollback is tried to be executed on this connection though all corresponding
Java objects might have been reset or released as well.

Regards,
Jörg